Elevate families’ lives at Housing Families First through your in-kind gift donations! Your contributions, from cozy blankets to household essentials, create comfort and hope for those overcoming homelessness. Join us in spreading positivity and making a direct impact on families working towards a fresh start. Your generosity shines a light of support and care, showing that brighter days are ahead. Donate gifts in kind today and be a beacon of positivity in the journey of the families we serve!
View Our Wish Lists and Current Greatest Needs
Helping families in need is what we’re all about at Housing Families First. You can make a big difference by donating gifts-in-kind such as new bedding, towels, and shower curtains for our shelter rooms, as well as cleaning supplies to keep our spaces clean and welcoming. New household items for our boutique are always greatly appreciated. If you have gently used small appliances you’d like to donate, please touch base with us first for approval. Our Donation Guide has more information on donating gifts-in-kind.
Currently, our greatest needs are twin comforters, cleaning supplies, and kitchen items like baking dishes, pots, and pans. To see more ways to contribute, check out our Amazon Wish List and Target Registry.
Gifts-in-kind may be brought to our shelter weekdays from 9:00 to 5:00 or by appointment. Look for the glass doors under the Housing Families First sign, and our friendly team will gladly receive your donations. Please bring your items in containers you’re willing to leave with us. Your kindness means the world to us and the families we support. Thank you!
Host a Supply Drive
We love our community partners, and you can be a vital part of our HFF family by organizing a supply drive! Gather your co-workers, friends, or neighbors to help collect items that are essential to HFF. Simply check out our most-needed items listed in the section above or choose from our Target Registry or Amazon Wish List. Once you’ve collected the gifts, drop them off at our shelter during designated hours. For added convenience, consider having items shipped directly to us from stores.
We’d love to see your efforts in action! Share pictures with us at Julie@housingfamiliesfirst.org, and we’ll proudly showcase them on our social media platforms. Your compassion and support are helping to create positive change in our community, and we’re so thankful. Together, we make a significant impact on the lives of those we serve.
When We Aren’t Able to Accept Your Generous Donation
We are always thankful for your support! Please see our Donation Guide for a list of items HFF is able to accept. If we are unable to accept your in-kind donation, we hope that you will consider donating to one of our local partners. These are organizations in our community that we know, trust, and love that partner with us to serve the families in our programs. Thank you!
- findhelp.org (check here for helpful resources in your zip code and donate to the appropriate site that is closest to you)
- Mercy Mall, located in N. Chesterfield (clothing, housewares, baby items) *Items go directly to people in need and are not resold.*
- Caritas, located in Richmond City (furniture, housewares) *May pick up furniture; Items go directly to people in need and are not resold.*
- Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity, multiple locations (furniture and appliances)
- Goodwill, multiple locations (clothing and household items)
- The Thrifty Quaker, located in Midlothian (clothing and household items)
- Goochland Cares, located in Goochland (clothing and household items) *Items go directly to people in need and are not resold.*
- Little Hands, located in N. Chesterfield (baby and nursing items) *Items go directly to people in need and are not resold.*
- Diversity Thrift, located in N. Chesterfield (clothing, furniture, housewares) *May pick up furniture donations*
- Caring Closet, formerly the Caring Clothes Closet, located in the far West End (clothing) *Items go directly to people in need and are not resold.*
- Good Shepherd Baptist Church Clothes Closet, located in Richmond City (clothing) *Items go directly to people in need and are not resold.*