Housing Families First gives families facing homelessness the opportunity to build a legacy for their families by providing a path to a permanent home.
A Richmond region where all children and their families have a safe place to call home.
- Housing-focused: Housing families is our first priority. We educate ourselves and the community on homelessness and lead the conversation on successful housing programs.
- Family-centered: The individual goals, needs, and resources of families facing homelessness guide our day-to-day work.
- Inclusive: Client families, donors, volunteers, staff, and community groups are equal partners in carrying out our mission.
- Informed: Compassionate, effective housing solutions come from our deep understanding of the issues faced by communities with limited resources.
- Innovative: A culture of creative problem-solving promotes housing programs that are both impactful and cost-effective.
- Results-driven: A focus on positive family outcomes drives continuous improvement in our services and ensures donors and volunteers know we deliver impact.
Housing Families First is a 501(c)3 organization with a 20-year track record of successfully helping families experiencing homelessness move to permanent homes.