Housing Families First gives families facing homelessness the opportunity to build a legacy for their families by providing a path to a permanent home.
A Richmond region where all children and their families have a safe place to call home.
- Housing-focused: Housing families is our first priority. We educate ourselves and the community on homelessness and lead the conversation on successful housing programs.
- Family-centered: The individual goals, needs, and resources of families facing homelessness guide our day-to-day work.
- Inclusive: Client families, donors, volunteers, staff, and community groups are equal partners in carrying out our mission.
- Informed: Compassionate, effective housing solutions come from our deep understanding of the issues faced by communities with limited resources.
- Innovative: A culture of creative problem-solving promotes housing programs that are both impactful and cost-effective.
- Results-driven: A focus on positive family outcomes drives continuous improvement in our services and ensures donors and volunteers know we deliver impact.
Housing Families First is a 501(c)3 organization with a 22-year track record of successfully helping families experiencing homelessness move to permanent homes.
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. Read the full USDA Non-Discrimination Policy HERE.