We love our volunteers! We are excited to announce that our valued volunteers are back in the shelter. To learn more about our volunteer opportunities, please visit our new volunteer website today. Thank you!
Take a Tour
Construction is well underway, and Phase I is complete! Phases II and III will be finished in August and October. Schedule an in-person tour today! We are excited to share our vision with our village. We could not do what we do without you!
Contactless Volunteer Opportunity: Drivers Needed
We are occasionally in need of volunteers to pick up donated items from local businesses and bring them back to our shelter. This would be a door-to-door, COVID-safe process. Please contact Julie@housingFamiliesFirst.org to be added to our volunteer driver list. Thank you!
Evening Supper Program
The evening supper program is back in action! Sign up here to bring dinner to the families in our shelter program. At this time, we are gratefully accepting both drop-off dinners and stay-and-serve dinners. Thank you!
Holiday Meal Kit Drive
We invite you to participate in our holiday meal kit drive! We would love to have your help providing our community clients with special holiday meals they can prepare at home. Details are listed here. Thanks in advance for spreading holiday joy to families in HFF programs!
Donate Gift Cards to Families Moving to Permanent Housing
Amazon/Target/Walmart/Visa: Helpful with moving expenses
Grocery Store: Helpful to stock fridges and pantries
Gas Cards: Helpful for transportation support for rental viewings, application submissions, and employment
Concerned About Someone Sleeping Outdoors?
Are you concerned about someone sleeping outdoors? Outreach and support services are available for people living on the streets and in other public places. Complete this notification of an individual or family sleeping outdoors form to help. Please note that this survey is not conducted by Housing Families First, but by a collaborative team of local service organizations.
Donate Securities to HFF
Donations of stocks, bonds, and other securities are greatly appreciated.
Your gift provides a family with a path to permanent housing, emotional support, and a connection to the skills and community resources they need to remain in their home long-term. It also provides temporary shelter and short-term financial assistance, when needed. Please consider making an online gift today. The process is secure and easy, and your gift makes an immediate impact on our budget and services.
- Merry Christmas
- Happy Hanukkah
- In Celebration of Your Marriage Certificate
- Happy Birthday Certificate
- In Loving Memory Certificate
- Gift In Honor of You
- Gift In Honor of You on Mother’s Day
- Gift In Honor of You on Father’s Day
**Donations may be dropped off Monday through Friday between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm or by appointment.**
**Please bring your donated items in containers you are willing to leave here at HFF. Thank you!**
We are gratefully accepting limited gently used donations and new donations from our needs list. (Please see our Donation Guide for details.) We also enthusiastically welcome donations from our Amazon Wish List and Target Registry. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on donation deliveries. Thank you!
Other Donation Resources
We are always thankful for your support! Please see our Donation Guide for a list of items HFF can accept. If we are unable to accept your in-kind donation, please consider donating to one of our local partners. Thank you!
- findhelp.org (check here for helpful resources in your zip code and donate to the appropriate site that is closest to you)
- Mercy Mall, located in N. Chesterfield (clothing, housewares, baby items) *Items go directly to people in need and are not resold.*
- Caritas, located in Richmond City (furniture, housewares) *May pick up furniture; Items go directly to people in need and are not resold.*
- Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity, multiple locations (furniture and appliances)
- Goodwill, multiple locations (clothing and household items)
- The Thrifty Quaker, located in Midlothian (clothing and household items)
- Goochland Cares, located in Goochland (clothing and household items) *Items go directly to people in need and are not resold.*
- Little Hands, located in N. Chesterfield (baby and nursing items) *Items go directly to people in need and are not resold.*
- Diversity Thrift, located in N. Chesterfield (clothing, furniture, housewares) *May pick up furniture donations*
- Caring Clothes Closet, located in the far West End (clothing) *Items go directly to people in need and are not resold.*
Sponsor a Child Facing Homelessness This Holiday!
The holiday season is rapidly approaching, and we could use your help! Our goal is to provide each child in HFF programs with new pajamas, a new coat, a filled stocking, and an item from their wish list valuing $50 this year. We would also like to provide each family in shelter with a tabletop tree to make their own space festive, and a New Traditions game night box! If you would like to sponsor the wishes of a child facing homelessness this holiday season, please sign up using this link. Thank you for your generosity and support!