We love our volunteers! We are excited to announce that our valued volunteers are back in the shelter. To learn more about our volunteer opportunities, please visit our new volunteer website today. Thank you!
Take a Tour
Hosting a Fundraising Event for Housing Families First’s Capital Campaign
We are thrilled that you have chosen to support us by hosting a fundraiser for Housing Families First. In addition to providing ever-important funding for our housing programs, your fundraiser can:
- Raise awareness about family homelessness
- Support the overall mission of Housing Families First
- Celebrate an HFF employee or volunteer you know
Email Julie@housingfamiliesfirst with questions or to have your fundraiser approved! Thank you for your support. We couldn’t do this without our village.
Contactless Volunteer Opportunity: Drivers Needed
We are occasionally in need of volunteers to pick up donated items from local businesses and bring them back to our shelter. This would be a door-to-door, COVID-safe process. Please contact Julie@housingFamiliesFirst.org to be added to our volunteer driver list. Thank you!
Drop-Off Evening Supper Program
The evening supper program is back in action! Sign up here to bring dinner to the families in our shelter program!
Donate Securities to HFF
Donations of stocks, bonds, and other securities are greatly appreciated.
Your gift provides a family with a path to permanent housing, emotional support, and a connection to the skills and community resources they need to remain in their home long-term. It also provides temporary shelter and short-term financial assistance, when needed. Please consider making an online gift today. The process is secure and easy, and your gift makes an immediate impact on our budget and services.
Looking for a meaningful gift for a friend, coworker, or loved one? We are now offering printable certificates for all gift-giving occasions!
- Merry Christmas
- Happy Hanukkah
- In Celebration of Your Marriage Certificate
- Happy Birthday Certificate
- In Loving Memory Certificate
- Gift In Honor of You
- Gift In Honor of You on Mother’s Day
- Gift In Honor of You on Father’s Day
Donate Gift Cards to Families Moving to Permanent Housing
Amazon/Target/Walmart/Visa: Helpful with moving expenses
Grocery Store: Helpful to stock fridges and pantries
Gas Cards: Helpful for transportation support for rental viewings, application submissions, and employment
**Donations may be dropped off Monday through Friday between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm or by appointment.**
**Please bring your donated items in containers you are willing to leave here at HFF. Thank you!**
We are gratefully accepting limited gently used donations and new donations from our needs list. (Please see our Donation Guide for details.) We also enthusiastically welcome donations from our Amazon Wish List and Target Registry. Please email email@example.com for more information on donation deliveries. Thank you!
Other Donation Resources
We are always thankful for your support! Please see our Donation Guide for a list of items HFF can accept. If we are unable to accept your in-kind donation, please consider donating to one of our local partners. Thank you!
- findhelp.org (check here for helpful resources in your zip code and donate to the appropriate site that is closest to you)
- Mercy Mall (clothing, housewares, baby items)
- Richmond Metropolitan Habitat for Humanity (furniture and appliances)
- Goodwill (clothing and household items)
- The Thrifty Quaker (clothing and household items)
- Goochland Cares (clothing and household items)
- Little Hands (baby and nursing items)