We did it!
Thanks to you, we’ve reached our Opening Doors For Families capital campaign goal of $4.4 million!
We are excited to share that we have completed our goal of raising $4.4 million for our Opening Doors for Families capital campaign!
We originally set a goal of raising $4,400,000 by the end of 2022, and we did it with four months to spare. We could not have done it without our incredible community of supporters. Many generous foundations, congregations, businesses, and individuals helped us make this a reality. From all of us at Housing Families First, thank you!
Thanks to your generous donations, we will now be able to provide:
- An opportunity for 300 additional people to move into housing each year
- 10 additional shelter beds in private room settings
- Emergency shelter services for 50 more children and parents each year
- One additional fully handicapped-accessible shelter bedroom and bathroom
- Improved family-friendly communal areas and improved activity areas for children
- Additional space for volunteer activities and community resources
- More parking spaces for clients, staff, and volunteers
Though we have reached our fundraising goal and the construction project is nearing completion, there’s still a lot of work to do, furniture to acquire, and volunteers to coordinate before our vision is truly a reality — and we’re looking forward to all of it! Find out how you can get involved!
Homelessness is a community issue and it takes the community’s support to create actionable solutions that work. In the case of the Opening Doors for Families capital campaign, YOU were the solution and we are eternally grateful.
Stay tuned for more information about an upcoming ribbon-cutting ceremony and open house celebration of our new-and-improved facility!